What Is a UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa was introduced in 2019 as a long-term pathway for residency intended for highly talented or skilled individuals. Learn more about the UAE Golden Visa benefits and who is eligible to apply.
What is a Golden Visa status?
The UAE Long-Term Residence Visa, also known as the UAE Golden Visa, has been introduced to attract highly skilled or wealthy foreigners. The visa is issued for 5 to 10 years, subject on the eligibility of the applicant, and it can be renewed automatically.
The main benefit of the visa is security, with the UAE government making it clear that they are committed to providing investors, expatriates and essentially anyone looking to make the UAE their home with an additional reason to feel secure about their future through the issuance of the Golden Visa.
Who is eligible for a Golden Visa in Dubai?
There are two types of Long-Term Residence Visas, each with its own set of requirements and eligibility criteria.
Long-Term Residency in Dubai for 10 Years
If you fall into one of the following categories, you are eligible for a 10-year UAE long-term residence visa:
- You make a public-sector investment of at least AED 10 million (UAE Investor Visa).
- You are a person with a specific talent, such as a doctor, inventor, scientist, specialist, or a person with a special talent in the sphere of culture and art; medical doctors, as well as computer, electronics, electrical, and biotechnology engineers.
Long-Term Residency in Dubai for 5 Years
- You purchase a property in the United Arab Emirates
- You are a business owner with a company or project with a minimum investment of AED 500,000.
- You are an outstanding student who combines the following characteristics:
In a private or public secondary school with a minimum grade of 95 percent
After graduation, you must have a GPA of at least 3.75 at a university within or outside the country
How to Apply for the Golden Visa?
Generally, all foreigners applying for a visa in the UAE must be sponsored by a UAE resident, such as their employer (for work visas) or a school (for student visa).
However, if you want to apply for a long-term residence visa in the UAE, you can do it without the help of a sponsor.
The registered company acts as your sponsor for the UAE Investor Visa.
The property you buy or invest in serves as your sponsor for the UAE Property Visa.
What are some famous recipients of the Golden Visa?
Since its implementation, the UAE Golden Visa has attracted some of the world’s most outstanding talents.
Here’s are some of the most famous recipients of this long term visa in Dubai:
- Cristiano Ronaldo — the world-famous footballer received his Golden Visa in February 2020.
- Najwa Karam — the Lebanese singer was the highest-selling Middle Eastern artist five times (1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2008). She received her Golden Visa in February 2021.
- Giorgio Armani — one of the most famous fashion designers in the world, the Italian designer received his visa in October 2021.
- Mohamed Ramadan — the famous Egyptian rapper and actor was granted the visa in September 2020.
- Ola Farahat — the Canadian influencer and entrepreneur received her Golden Visa in June 2021.